Friday, January 27, 2012

There are times in your life when you feel like everything you possibly can do, still is not enough.  I have had that feeling since my little sister told me that her friend's mom recently found out she had cancer.  I immediately exclaimed "We need to do portraits for them."  It's what I felt I could do for them.  I have had this thought before at other times, for other people, and for one reason or another, including my own health, it did not work.  But this time, it did, and so we scheduled a session right away.  Due to cold weather, we had to do an indoor session, but I feel that these images turned out so well, and I am so happy and honored to provide these images to this precious family.


As Denise comes home from the hospital tonight, and hospice begins to come in, (all this, less than two weeks after this session) I hope and pray that these images can bring her and her precious family some smiles, comfort and a little bit of joy.  I ask all of you reading this to please pray for this family.  Pray for Denise, and pray for her family.


My love to your family, Denise, and prayers continuously.
Hugs,
Melissa




To fully enjoy the following slideshow of the Powers' session, select 720 and full screen viewing.


3 comments:

  1. You captured Denise's warm smile and heart beautifully. Beautiful photos of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Antoinette. It was an honor to capture these moments for the family. I am glad I could do it for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 8 years later and I cherish these photos dearly. I cant thank you enough for your friendship and for this gift you gave our family❤

    ReplyDelete

Add other items